A full Tummy Tuck is generally done to treat loose abdominal skin that requires removal for best results. In addition, the abdominal wall underneath is tightened with sutures to create a flatter and tighter abdomen. The procedure is performed under general anesthesia. It takes a few hours and patients are often kept in the hospital overnight for comfort and nursing care.
WHAT CAN I EXPECT AFTER TREATMENT?
- 1 night hospital stay usually
- Return to work within 7-10 days
- Liquid diet starting evening of surgery, which is advanced regular diet next morning.
- All the excess skin is removed and the abdominal wall is sutured tight, creating a flatter
- Tighter Abdomen
- 5-15lbs weight loss depending on amount of tissue removed
2 Drains are left under the skin, which drain fluid over the next week. These drains are removed in the office 1-2 weeks later once they are no longer needed.
Fibrin Glue is a product used in surgery to help adhere tissues together. I prefer using it in Tummy Tucks to help seal the dissected space between the fat and the muscles. This glue helps decrease the amount of fluid that can build up in the surgical area over the following week. It can allow me to remove the drains earlier, thereby increasing patient comfort and decreasing chance of infection.
Have questions about this procedure? Ask us now:
We accept all major insurances if you have appropriate benefits, offer financing, and can email you our specials, for those who choose to self-pay.